Synergy combined effects are greater than the sum of their separate effects.
This certainly applies to Honey and Turmeric. Each one has amazing medicinal properties. But combining these two natural remedies takes it to the next level.
Turmeric, whose scientific name is “Curcuma longa,” is a popular perennial herb that can be used to treat and even prevent various disorders. This amazing super spice belongs to the “Zingiberaceae” plant family. It has been used since ancient times as a potent natural remedy for various common illnesses.
Honey, on the other hand, is a special type of super food that is commonly known for its sweet, delicious flavor. Honey, apart from its distinct delicious flavor also contains potent medicinal properties. It is no secret that both honey and Turmeric have their own individual advantages and uses. Turmeric and milk is a fairly well-entrenched drink in the region’s food culture, where it is considered a restorative. Turmeric is part of Ayurvedic medicine – a holistic, all-natural approach to health that has been practiced for centuries in India – and a ubiquitous ingredient in curries and rice dishes.
It’s not made of gold, but it might as well be, given its cult following. “Golden milk” or turmeric latte – an unlikely combination of nut milk and juiced turmeric root.
Combining turmeric with honey (known as golden honey) is a natural remedy with powerful anti-inflammatory and antibacterial properties that support the body’s defenses.
It is also considered to be a potent natural antibiotic. This mixture destroys various types of viruses and bacteria which cause disease.
The advantage it has over synthetic remedies is that it doesn’t cause any negative effects on intestinal flora. In fact, it even serves as a food for increasing the presence of healthy bacteria.
It has a significant amount of polyphenols, vitamins and minerals. Also, because of its vitamins C and E, it prevents the destruction caused by free radicals and the deterioration associated with premature aging.
More important benefits include:
- Ability to fight pathogens like Sarcina, Gaffkya, Corynebacterium, and Clostridium.
- Protects the brain and reduces the risk of dementia.
- Eliminates toxins.
- Reduces negative impact of some types of cancer treatments.
- Alleviates symptoms related to the flu, colds and other respiratory conditions.
- Prevents urinary tract infections.
- Alleviates duodenal ulcers.
- Reduces cholesterol.
It’s important that we clarify that these ingredients must be 100% organic in order to get all the benefits.
- 4 Tbsp. pure honey (100 grams)
- 1 Tbsp. turmeric (10 grams)
- Add the tablespoon of turmeric to four tablespoons of raw honey and pour the product into a hermetically sealed glass jar.
- Mix before using to make sure that both ingredients are well-combined.
Method of consumption
- As preventative medicine, we advise consuming 1 tablespoon of this mixture before breakfast every day.
- If you have a cold, you should use half a teaspoon every hour throughout the day. The following day, reduce the dose by one half, and take it every two hours.
- Treatment lasts for about three days, or slightly longer according to the condition of your symptoms.
- Make sure to hold the mixture in your mouth until it completely dissolves.