As one of the best natural sources for treating many different conditions and preventing numerous diseases, this form of red alga has been used throughout the whole world in the history of mankind. Here are the health benefits of Dulse:
- Bone growth and strength– If you want to protect yourself from many bone- related conditions like osteoporosis, use Dulse in your diet. It is rich in iron, magnesium and calcium, which are essential for mineral bone density. Dulse is very good for protection of tissues and joints as well.
- Avoid hypertension– Potassium levels in Dulse will help you in reducing the strain and damage to blood vessels and arteries, which will protect you against atherosclerosis, strokes, coronary heart disease and heart attacks.
- Improved eye vision– Vitamin A is essential for eye health and Dulse is rich in Vitamin A. It acts as antioxidant and prevents the free radicals from damaging the eye tissues getting rid of the main reason for macular degeneration.
- Immune system improver- Large Vitamin C doses found in Dulse will help you boost your immune system, and that will contribute to cell growth and repair, and increasing the white blood cell count.
- Thyroid gland health: Iodine deficiency is a common cause of thyroid gland irregularity. Dulse is high in iodine content which will provide a normal gland behavior. Healthy thyroid gland is very important in maintaining a healthy life style and for the overall health in the body.
- Digestive health– Dulse is very high in fiber and it will help you against any bowel movement disorders, like constipation or diarrhea. The fiber stimulates the peristaltic motion and bulks up the stool which will provide reducing the symptoms of bloating and cramping or inflammation.
- Antioxidant properties– Dulse is rich with minerals and vitamins and they will support your body against the free radicals. So Dulse is the right choice in treating chronic diseases and for cancer prevention.
- Blood circulation positive effect– Dulse is rich with iron, and iron plays the main role in hemoglobin production. Iron can fight off anemia, making your body free of its symptoms like headaches, overall weakness or cognitive issues.